What happens when I'm left alone for an afternoon? I bake of course! I found myself at a loose end this afternoon and as all the slutty brownies got gobbled up over the weekend, I thought I had better replenish our treats. These were recently posted over on Jane's Patisserie and they are amazing!
175g light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
150g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cream together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add your egg and beat again.
2. Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
3. Combine your flour, oats, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add to your butter mixture and mix together to form a cookie dough.
4. Add the raisins. Divide into 10 balls, weighing 85g each. Pop in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the fridge for an hour.
5. Preheat your oven to 180c fan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Leave to cool and enjoy!
They are fruity and chewy. I'd never made anything like these before any they are quick and delicious. They went down very well with the family so I think they will be repeated regularly!