Cinnamon Twist Buns
I saw this recipe on Instagram and knew I just HAD to try them. This recipe is by Bread God Richard Bertinet. If you are more of a visual learner, watch this video of how to make them. I couldn't get my head around how to shape the buns without seeing it.
Ingredients for the dough:
200ml full fat milk
600g strong bread flour
7g dried yeast
50g caster sugar
2 tsp salt
200g butter, softened
For the filling:
150g butter, softened
250g dark soft brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
For the glaze:
2 tbsp full fat milk
Icing sugar to decorate
1. To make the dough, put the milk and eggs into the bowl of a food mixer then add the flour. Put the yeast on one side of the bowl. Then put the sugar, salt and butter on the other side. Mix on a slow speed for 4 minutes. Turn it up to a medium speed for 10-12 minutes until a smooth soft dough forms.
2. Form the dough into a ball and place in a clean bowl. Cover and leave for 45 minutes to prove.
3. For the filling, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and stir in the cinnamon.
4. Once the dough has finished proving, knock it back and roll out into a rectangle roughly 30cm high and 1m wide. Spread the cinnamon sugar filling over the dough.
5. Fold the top third of the rectangle down over the middle and then fold the bottom third up to cover the middle. Divide into 3.5cm slices. Cut each strip into 3 and plait. Roll the plait up from the top down and place in a greased 12 hole muffin tray. Leave to prove for an hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 180. Beat the egg and milk together to make a glaze. Brush each bun with the glaze before baking for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!