Mini Egg Cookies
Happy Easter! Well... almost! I have seen these cookies all over Instagram lately so I thought I had to give them a go. The original recipe is by Jane's Patisserie and they are absolutely delicious!
125g unsalted butter
100g soft brown sugar
75g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
100g dairy milk, finely chopped
200g mini eggs, chopped
50g (16) mini eggs, whole
1. Cream the unsalted butter, soft brown sugar and granulated sugar together using an electric whisk or standing mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and mix together to form a cookie dough.
3. Add the dairy milk and the chopped mini eggs and mix again.
4. Weigh the cookie dough into 8 balls, they should weigh 115g each.
5. Once they are rolled into balls, add the whole mini eggs to the top, place on a plate and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes.
6. When the cookie dough has been in the freezer for 20 minutes, preheat the oven to 180 fan.
7. Once the cookie dough has chilled for 30 minutes, place them on baking trays (4 on each tray) lined with greaseproof paper. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
8. Once the cookies are baked, leave them to cool on the tray as they will keep cooking.