Hazelnut, Sultana & Chocolate Biscotti
Yes, it's that time of year again... Bake Off is back! And of course, it inspires me weekly to bake something! After watching biscuit week, I had to make some biscotti! I adapted my old recipe slightly.
115g unsalted butter, soft
125g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
275g plain flour
good pinch of salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
50g white chocolate, roughly chopped
50g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
2. Put the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and cream with a wooden spoon. Gradually beat in the eggs. Add the flour, salt and baking powder and mix to make a rough dough. Add the sultanas and hazelnuts and mix.
3. Divide the mixture into two bowls, add white chocolate to one bowl and dark chocolate to the other. Work until evenly combined.
4. Transfer the pieces onto the prepare baking trays. Shape into two rectangles. Bake for 25 minutes until golden and firm to touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Slice the pieces diagonally into slices. Gently tip them onto their sides and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
Best served with a cup of great coffee, under a blanket, watching the Great British Bake Off! X Bo