I first came across this recipe back in October and it gave me the itch to start blogging again. For some reason, that never happened. But now I am back and I wanted to share this recipe. Next time you go to the supermarket, grab a jar of Biscoff spread. You can thank me later.
300g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp salt
170g butter, melted
200g light brown sugar
100g granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
130g Biscoff spread
1. Preheat the oven to 175.
2. Put your flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt in a bowl and set to one side.
3. Melt your butter and mix together with the light brown sugar. Add the granulated sugar and mix again.
4. Add the eggs, vanilla and a few large tablespoons of flour and mix well. Add the rest of the flour and mix again.
6. Add the Biscoff Spread and mix once or twice, so the spread is swirled through the mixture.
7. Line a 9x9in baking tin. Line with baking parchment. Transfer the mixture into the tin and bake for 32-35 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, leave to cool and cut into 12 to serve.
And there you have it! I think I used dark brown sugar instead of light brown, so they may turn out a little bit "blonder" than this. Please let me know if you give these a go. I would recommend checking them after 30 minutes, it may need longer if you don't want it too gooey.
If you're interested in watching my latest IGTV where I make these, click here!