Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread
Is it even lockdown if you haven't made banana bread? I resisted making one for quite a while, but today I could smell my bananas when I walked past them and I decided enough was enough! This is a repeat recipe which has already appeared on the blog once before. This time, I revamped it a little bit by using yogurt instead of buttermilk and milk chocolate chunks. Everyone may be sick to the back teeth of banana bread by the end of this pandemic, but just in case you have a few bananas which need using, here is my recipe!
285g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
225g caster sugar
4 ripe bananas
85ml greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 180 (160 fan.)
2. Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, mashed bananas, yogurt and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Fold in the flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add the chopped chocolate.
4. Line a loaf in with grease proof paper and pour the mixture into the tin.
5. Bake for about an hour or until well risen and golden brown.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
And, because I can't make anything and not document it, here is the video of how to make banana bread. Enjoy!