I saw this recipe on Jane's Patisserie's Instagram and knew I HAD to try it. I have become very partial to Biscoff Spread during lockdown, it's especially delicious on pancakes! So I made a batch of these muffins to take to my sister's when I went to visit her and my niece.
12 tbsp Biscoff spread
175ml sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
360g self raising flour
240g soft brown sugar
100g white chocolate, chopped
12 tsp Biscoff spread
12 Biscoff biscuits
1. Spoon 12 tbsp of Biscoff spread onto a plate, covered with greaseproof paper. Pop in the freezer for an hour.
2. Preheat your oven to 180/160 fan and line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases.
3. In a bowl, mix together the oil, milk, egg and vanilla using a whisk. Add the flour and sugar and mix until it's combined. Try to mix it as little as possible in order to bring the mixture together.
4. Add the white chocolate chunks and fold.
5. Put 1 tbsp of mixture into each case. Add the frozen blob of Biscoff spread and top with another spoonful of mixture.
6. Bake the muffins for 25-30 minutes until baked through and golden brown on top.
7. Once cooled, add a small blob of Biscoff spread and a Biscoff biscuit on top.