Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is a classic. A go-to, tried and tested, never fails recipe. Chewy, chocolatey cookies. Perfect to rustle up quickly on a cosy evening in, in time to watch Gardeners World. Or is that just me?
100g light brown sugar
75g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
300g plain flour
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
200g milk chocolate, chunks or chips
1. Cream your butter and sugars together with a hand whisk or free-standing mixer.
2. Add you egg and vanilla and mix again.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt and beat together until a cookie dough forms.
4. Add your chocolate chunks or chips and mix again so that they are well distributed throughout the mixture.
5. Divide into 8 or 10 balls, place on a lined plate and put in the freezer for about half an hour.
6. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180.
7. Take your cookie dough out of the freezer and place onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden. Leave them to cool for roughly 30 minutes before eating as they continue to bake whilst cooling.