White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
Surprise! If you thought I was done with the festive bakes, think again! I couldn't resist making one extra BONUS Christmas recipe! Thank you Jonny for the suggestion - white chocolate and cranberry cookies!
100g light brown sugar
75g granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
1 + 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
200g white chocolate chips
100g dried cranberries
1. Cream the butter and sugars together with a standing mixer or electric whisk. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix again.
2. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Mix until it forms a cookie dough.
3. Add the white chocolate and dried cranberries and combine.
4. Divide into 8 large balls (or 12 smaller balls) put on a plate and pop in the freezer for 30 minutes or the fridge for an hour.
5. Preheat your oven to 200/180 fan. Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Take the cookies out of the freezer and put 4 (or 6) on each tray. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
6. Leave to cool as they continue to cook while they cool and enjoy!