This is a BakingBo original recipe! This recipe is dedicated to the wonderful Sarah Powell. I've followed Sarah for years and always been a fan of the Jules and Sarah Podcast. But last year, she hosted her first Granny Supper Club, which I was lucky enough to attend. Since then she's gone on to create a wonderful online community of like minded people through her LIIIIVE Elevenses chats and her wonderful Parlour membership.
Sarah has been a huge cheerleader for me this last year. I sent her some of my Bakewell Blondies last summer and she was kind enough to mention them on a recent Nibble podcast episode!
Today is her birthday so I thought I would create these muffins, especially for her! They are inspired by her love of all things Bakewell. Happy Birthday Sarah!
These muffins are super light, have that classic almond flavour, with a good dollop of jam inside! This recipe makes about 6/7 large muffins (as pictured) or 12 smaller muffins.
300g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
80g caster sugar
150g white chocolate chips
1 tsp almond extract
seedless raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 200/180 fan.
2. Mix the flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Rub the butter in to the flour so that it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar and chocolate chips.
3. In a jug, measure out the milk. Add the eggs and the almond extract and lightly beat together.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Spoon a dessert spoon of mixture into the muffin tray. Add a teaspoon of jam then cover with more mixture. Sprinkle a few flaked almonds on top.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
7. Add icing sugar to 1 tbsp water until you have the desired icing consistency. Once the muffins have cooled, drizzle with icing and leave to set.