Valentines Day Cupcakes
Normally, I'm not a big fan of Valentines Day. But this year, I am finding any excuse to celebrate ANYTHING, big or small. I found these gorgeous pink and red heart shaped cupcake cases in my cupboard and knew I had to use them! These are just a really simple cupcake recipe so feel free to jazz them up in any way you see fit! This recipe makes 12 cakes!
Ingredients for the cakes:
125g caster sugar
125g self raising flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp milk
Ingredients for the icing:
100g butter, softened
1. Preheat the oven to 190/170 fan.
2. Combine all of the cake ingredients in a bowl using a hand whisk or a standing mixer.
3. Divide between 12 cupcake cases. Bake for 15 minutes until risen and golden brown.
4. Whilst the cakes are cooling, prepare the icing. Cream the butter in a bowl. Add icing sugar (gradually) until you have the desired consistency. Divide the icing in to two bowls. Colour half the icing red and half the icing pink and put into piping bags.
5. Once the cakes have cooled, pipe the icing on top of each cake.