Hello! Welcome to 2021! I took a little bit of a break from posting here after the #12BakesofChristmas series ended. I was so so happy with how it all went but I was quite creatively drained afterwards. So I took a bit of a break but now I'm back!
The first recipe I wanted to share this year is Snickerdoodles! I have shared these once before back in 2013, but thought they could do with an upgrade! I posted an IGTV of how to make them over on my @baking.bo Instagram so please pop over and have a look!
Ingredients for the cookies
268g granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla extract
384g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
For the topping
50g granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 170 fan. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. For the topping, mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
3. To make the cookies, put the butter into a large bowl and cream until smooth. Add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the other mixture in three different parts and mix well to for a dough.
6. Take pieces of the dough and roll into balls. Roll these dough balls in the cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle any excess sugar over the top. Bake for 11 minutes until golden brown and leave to cool.