Happy St Patricks Day! I thought today was the perfect day to share my favourite Soda Bread recipe!
250g plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp soft brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 210 fan. Grease a baking tray with a little olive oil.
2. Put the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large bowl.
3. Add the buttermilk and, using a wooden spoon, bring it all together into a doughy mass. Knead the dough lightly in the bowl into a smooth ball.
4. Place it onto the greased baking tray. Slash a deep cross on the top of the dough.
5. Bake for 12 minutes, then turn the oven down to 180 fan. Bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the base sounds hollow when you tap it.
6. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then serve with lots of salty butter.